Monday 24 September 2012

Ron Billing - Honorary President

When Ron Billing stepped down as chairman of the Group many suggested it was the end of an era. That's a matter of opinion and Ron see's it as a new beginning as he reminds us that he is still in the thick of it as supportive as ever. The evidence was there at the last meeting.

The message below is reproduced from the main website because we know that many folk use the 'Blog' as a means of finding out what's happening



From the Hon President - Ron Billing
 
As elected chairman since the group’s inception in 2003 we have faced numerous challenges as the group has gone from strength to strength. It’s been a wonderful and fulfilling journey so far. We knew at the onset it would be a long haul but perhaps didn’t realise just how long it would take. Even so giving up has never been an option and the team go forward with determination and I am proud to have been at the helm

Several months before the Annual General Meeting in May I let it be known that I would not be seeking re-election as Chairman.

Stepping down was not a decision to take lightly and when I attempted to do so in the past I was persuaded to continue and happily remained in the post. However this was the right time to leave and hand over the reins and I am delighted that Derek Murray was elected to take on the role at the AGM. Derek has done a super job as Vice chairman for a number of years and has full support of the committee

What I had not realised when I made my intentions clear was the group were not prepared to let me go. They invited me to become the first ever president. I feel delighted and honoured that this position should be offered and I have willingly accepted. I relish the role and will do my very best to play a significant part in helping and shaping the future

 It’s a few months since the AGM and I’m now coming to terms with my new role as I look forward to the future with anticipation, secure in the knowledge that efforts to date have raised the groups profile and made folk realise we are going to build on our past success

There is no doubting the teams resolve in gathering strength to move forward with its stated aim of harbour regeneration. It’s just going to take longer that we thought but the determination is still there and I see it at our regular committee meetings

 I hope the future will be kind to us for no-one can deny our cause is a noble one. We all want to improve this wonderful village for the local community and beyond

 I want to thank the committee for their hard work and support over the years and also the many others that have helped us in so many ways in our quest

 The fight for regeneration continues and I am proud and honoured to be a part of it.

 Thank you for your continued support

 Ron Billing


President – Portgordon Community Harbour Group Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication to avoid spam (junk mail)